People are used to thinking about prayer as a means to get their personal needs met. However we should understand prayer as a means to praise and adore God, to know him, to come into his presence and be changed by him. We need to better learn how to pray, repent and petition God as a people. We are committed to undergirding all aspects of our church and all aspects of life with prayer to God.
One of the commitments of College Church is to undergird everything with prayer and giving. Here is an overview of how that commitment works out in the life of our church. Consider adding one or more of these to your prayer life:
- Prayer in our worship services and our smaller gatherings—a core part of all our gatherings.
- Midweek Prayer—Wednesday night prayer usually with a guest missionary at 7 p.m. in the Narthex. Details for the upcoming week always appear on the front page of Connections.
- The Midweek Community Prayer sheet comes out every Wednesday and has current prayer request, praises and missionary updates and requests. Copies are available at the Midweek Prayer gathering and the Church Office.
- Prayer for the persecuted church—weekly gathering on Fridays, 12-1 p.m. in C103.
- Refresh—special all-church prayer gatherings, three to four times a year.
- Prayer Calendar—monthly prayer guide includes prayer for staff, elected leaders, missionaries, local/national/world leaders. Pick up your copy when you pick up Connections, available the last Sunday of each month.
- Prayer Enews—weekly prayer by email, usually sent on Mondays. Click on the enews link at the bottom of the page to sign up.
- Missions Prayer Fellowship prayer groups—small gatherings specifically designed for prayer for missionaries. These gatherings meet monthly and are faithful and praying friends to our missionaries. Contact MPF@college-church.org for more information.
- Other prayer groups—informal gatherings devoted to praying for a particular need or group. If you are passionate about a prayer need, invite some friends to pray with you.
If you have a non-urgent prayer need, email us and we will pray. If urgent prayer is needed, please call the church at 630.668.0878.