“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.” — Proverbs 31:8-9
Cheryce Berg, Director of Children’s Ministries
Julie Clemens, Director of Disability Ministries
Randy Jahns, Elder
David Bea, Elder
Ian Smith, congregant
Laurie Smith, congregant
Training and Certification at College Church
College Church has zero tolerance for abuse. We are committed to being a church where children and STARS are provided a safe place to respond to the Gospel and grow in their faith.
Together, we are being equipped to prevent and respond to abuse in ways that honor the Lord and provide a light to world around us.
Policy Communication and Training
In 2019 –
- G.R.A.C.E. conducted on-site training for leaders and for the entire congregation.
- The Safeguarding Team was established, consisting of two elders, three pastoral staff members, and two congregants.
- A revised Protection Policy was distributed to the entire congregation.
Ongoing Policy Requirements –
- Every ministry worker agrees to a background check before working within a ministry. This background check is repeated every three years.
- Every ministry worker is required to complete Mandated Reporter Training, in accordance with State of Illinois guidelines.
- A minimum of two unrelated ministry workers are required to provide care in any ministry setting.
Read the Protection Policy for the complete set of guidelines.