Josh Moody (Ph.D., University of Cambridge) is the senior pastor of College Church. He is the president and founder of God Centered Life Ministries, which proclaims God’s Word worldwide through daily broadcasts on Moody Radio, One Place, podcasts, and live streaming on godcenteredlife.org.
His passion is the gospel. He is an expository preacher who seeks to bring God’s Word into the practical matters of the human condition and heart. He is a theologian shaped by his research in understanding the challenges of the secularization of the Enlightenment to Christian faith and the answers that influential pastor Jonathan Edwards brought, culminating in a doctorate in historical theology from Cambridge University. He did a research fellowship at Yale Divinity School and was a Fellow at the Jonathan Edwards College of Yale University. He is an evangelist who led Trinity Baptist Church to revitalization in New Haven, CT; was college pastor at the influential Eden Baptist Church in Cambridge, England; served as a missionary with the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students in the Republics of Georgia and Azerbaijan; and was president of the Cambridge Inter-Collegiate Christian Union at Cambridge University.
He is the author of over 14 books, including:
- Authentic Spirituality – a rediscovery of real biblical faith
- Everyday Holiness – a book about becoming who you were made to be
- A series of accessible guides to Christian living: How Christmas Can Change Your Life, How the Bible Can Change Your Life, How Church Can Change Your Life
- John 1-12 For You and John 13-21 for You – a two-volume commentary on John’s Gospel
- 7 Days to Change Your Life – a popular exploration of the life-changing power of the gospel
- Boasting – a biblical theology of the Bible’s teaching about Christ-centered promotion
- Preaching to the Affections – a guide for preachers about how to preach to the heart
- Journey to Joy – an exposition of the Psalms of Ascent and their message of increasing joy
- No Other Gospel – an exposition of Galatians and its call to gospel fidelity
- The God-Centered Life – an accessible guide to the practical application of the teaching of the great Christian leader Jonathan Edwards
- Jonathan Edwards and Justification – a technical work with global Jonathan Edwards scholars on Edwards’ doctrine of justification as the right framework for expressing justification today
If you would like to invite Josh Moody to speak at your event, email [email protected] for a speaker request form.